Nepal is traditionally known for its Art and Culture. The cultural handicraft is an age-old practice and nurtured through religious scriptures. However, the development of Nepalese handicraft as profession and industry can be noticed after 1950 AD. Handicraft produce of Nepal has now flourished internationally and therefore holds promise for further development.
Federation of Handicraft Associations of Nepal (FHAN) was established in 1972 with a view to enhance and promise handicraft trade and industry. Originally its name was, Handicraft Association of Nepal (HAN). It is registered under Institution Registration Act of Nepal. It is a service oriented nonprofit organization of private sector business and artisan community. It helps its member to improve their productivity, explore markets and introduce them to the international arena. It also works as liaison between its member and the Government and Non Government Organizations.
FHAN has also been proactive in providing business related service to the people engaged in handicraft sector of Nepal. In this series, it has partnered with Government and Non-Government Organizations for providing services like skill, design, product development, quality testing and market linkages.
Handicraft Trade Fair
Handicraft Trade Fair is one of the promotional activities organized by FHAN for improving trade of handicrafts. Handicraft trade fair that started with local trade orientation in 1991 has grown as international event with participation from SAARC and other Asian countries.
This event is complemented with a craft competition each year and seminars on current issues in order to expose the creativity and talent of such artists. Each year some products group is selected for craft competition. This type of competition is successful to honor the best craftsmen within sectors and sub-sectors.
- 11th Craft Competition
- Seminars/Workshops on Current issues of Handicraft Industry
- Pavilion Contest
- Live Demonstration
- International Participants
- Huge no of International buyers
The objectives of 13h Handicraft Trade Fair is to showcase handicraft products within the country and in the foreign potential market and also aims to bring all concerned manufactured, artisans traders and government authorities, national and international buyers of handicraft industry under a single roof.
- To popularize & promote handicraft products in National and International Market
- work towards steady growth of handicraft trade and industry
- To strive towards enhancing the quality of handicraft goods & its productivity
- To encourage Nepalese artisans to adopt handicraft production as their profession by
preserving Nepalese cultural heritage and to popularize it in the World
- Provide an opportunity for meeting with potential foreign buyers and local sellers of
- Provide an opportunity to participants to witness the competitor’s products
- To develop the event as the Handicraft Business Hub for the SAARC Handicraft Trade and
Product Ranges of the Trade Fair
13th Handicraft Trade Fair is the platform for all the handmade handicraft products. However, following are the product range of the Trade Fair
- Pashmina Products
- Hemp/Allo Goods
- Bamboo Products
- Textile Products
- Handmade Paper Products
- Wood Craft
- Leather goods Shoes,Sandal and other Products
- Ceramics Products
- Woolen Goods
- Silk Products
- Gems and Jewellery
- Dhaka Products
- Silver Jewellery
- Stone Craft
- Bone & Horn Products
- Beads Items
- Crystal Products
- Metal Crafts and many more
Program: 13TH Handicraft Trade Fair
Venue: Bhrikuti Mandap Exhibition Hall, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Date: November 26-30 , 2015
In Cooperation With: Ministry of Commerce & Supplies(NTIS),Trade & Export Promotion Center